Sign in to follow this  
AE86557

Fastest Silvia time at wakefiled with full street trim

Hi guys

Just a bit of self motivation here. What is the fastest time that you know of for a silvia at Wakefield that was still full street trim. meaning no half or full roll cage, no interior taken out, air con, speakers, carpet, all seats, everything like a stock street car. power/suspension/brakes/tyres is free to mods.

Whats the best time you've herd of or seen witness.

I remember jonosx in his white S14, full street trim, legal road registered car that drove down and back from Sydney clocking a mid 1:06 lap time at Wakefield.

Power was very modest too with approx 200rwkw's as well.

There is quite a few Silvia's in NSCC that have run in the low 1.06's in full street trim . Most have half cages for safety and run modest power levels . I seen a 1.06.00 in a full trim street S15 on 8inch rims, no aero , 200rwkw , driven to track and home again .

Edited by R-Tune

There is quite a few Silvia's in NSCC that have run in the low 1.06's in full street trim . Most have half cages for safety and run modest power levels . I seen a 1.06.00 in a full trim street S15 on 8inch rims, no aero , 200rwkw , driven to track and home again .

Who did the that time with those mods? That's very very impressive.

wow nice, that looks promising for me since im aiming for 1:05 in full street trim

Who did the that time with those mods? That's very very impressive.

JJ - black s15

wow nice, that looks promising for me since im aiming for 1:05 in full street trim

How many laps have you done around Wakefield ?

Edited by R-Tune

I am sure there are a couple of people that could put there trim back in and still do a 3, 4, or maybe less. Most people remove trim for safety, as it is a fire hazard. People who put a roll cage in are smart, as they value there safety.

Understand a lot of the faster cars are built to categories, classes or events.....and some still have number plates.

Saying that, a 5 is fast for any car :thumb:

i understand safety, will look into something that will still keep the interior in place when i start getting faster lap times.

I've driven Wakefield about 5 times now, done about close to 100-150 laps easy if not more. private days helps a lot with track time

That's the best way to get better and faster - just keep driving!

Here is some footage of the quickest lap full street silvia I knew of.

Another example.

http://vimeo.com/39475797

passcode "nscc253"

Best time to date (1.05.6) was set a month after the NSCC day at a John Boston day which I highly recommend.

Registered s14a driven to the track and back. There is a weld-in half cage because I am soft and I have a family, as driven by naturally disadvantaged driver.

100% agree with what Bozman has to say, for some safety is not an option. If anything adding safety (cage / fire extinguisher) add weight to the car so I don't see your point.

Edited by WOY

I was surprised! Quick times for moderate power outputs. I guess experience helps

Whats the fastest lap time without wearing a selt belt and no helmet? That would be an impressive achievement!

Edited by god084

Whats the fastest lap time without wearing a selt belt and no helmet? That would be an impressive achievement!

While pissed and smoking a Cuban lol

Interested to know what tyres type/size and power you guys are making to do those times :)