Sign in to follow this  
Ridin Dirty

s15 bov, running rich

hey guys just wanting to get a vent to air bov for my jdm s15. i have read and been told putting a vent to air bov on an s15 will cause it to run rich ? how does it run rich if the bov doesnt release the pressurised air until you release the throttle, assuming the bov doesnt leak ? how rich will it run with a vent to air bov ? apparently the jdm s15's run super lean anyway. any help will be greatly appreciated i tried searching but couldnt find the answer i was after. cheers for any help :)

apparently they run lean? riiight..

it overfuels when the bov opens because the afm is telling the engine it is getting xx amount of air, and you are letting that air out before it gets to the engine.

apparently they run lean? riiight..

it overfuels when the bov opens because the afm is telling the engine it is getting xx amount of air, and you are letting that air out before it gets to the engine.

and the recirculating valve puts all the air back into the system, then how do you run a bov without running rich

yeah so a bov shouldn't make it run rich just overfuel when you boost

yeah i knew that lol, back on topic this dude should get a aftermarket ecu and a tune if he wants to run a bov right

haha im loving air flow meters more and more every day. guess im keeping the stock one for now then

Why get a vent or air BOV? Plum backs sound better with a POD filter, Venting ones are defectable, and the stock one will do its job perfectly on any boost level with the stock computer and turbo so why waste your money? put that $300-$400 towards something useful like sway bars or an ECU reflash.

yeah recirculating valve still makes a nice sound too bad when cops mistake that noise for a bov

i already have sway bars and cops dont defect anyone up here in darwin but just for the reason of needing a new tune ill just leave the stock one on for now

and the recirculating valve puts all the air back into the system, then how do you run a bov without running rich

aftermarket ecu that uses MAP OR aftermarket ecu that uses AFM, then trim the injection points of rows 1~3 and set the deceleration fuel cut rpm higher (work around)

hey guys just wanting to get a vent to air bov for my jdm s15. i have read and been told putting a vent to air bov on an s15 will cause it to run rich ? how does it run rich if the bov doesnt release the pressurised air until you release the throttle, assuming the bov doesnt leak ? how rich will it run with a vent to air bov ? apparently the jdm s15's run super lean anyway. any help will be greatly appreciated i tried searching but couldnt find the answer i was after. cheers for any help smile.png

just run the stock BOV, plumbed back to the intake

/headache

/thread

Edited by Johnnilicte