Sign in to follow this  
STR8E180

Why you DON'T skimp on an exhaust manifold

this is what can happen if you skimp on an exhaust manifold

68340_398088630263265_1481332714_n.jpg 302750_398088550263273_1446441728_n.jpg

420863_398088670263261_708497584_n.jpg 578422_398088600263268_1863930310_n.jpg

i can get pics of a mates 6boost manifold that started to fall to bits... the middle of the collector point seperated and looked like a flower

i can get pics of a mates 6boost manifold that started to fall to bits... the middle of the collector point seperated and looked like a flower

yeah that happen to Jame's 6boost manifold as well ( SX developments S15 ) the inside of the collector separated

truth is it can happen to any steam pipe manifold doesnt matter on the brand or not

collectors are only welded together on the out side because u cant get a tig torch inside the collector to weld the inside all together

how ever have not seen a powertune manifold come back with this problem but we have had some come back with cracks which have been replaced under warranty

powertune do stand by warranty

I've also seen 6boost fall apart, what I don't understand is how the collector separates? I guess it's due to the amount of heat and it warps, but I wouldn't have thought cause the gasses flow the opposite way which would keep the collector together? Lol

Flowers are pretty :)

I've also seen 6boost fall apart, what I don't understand is how the collector separates? I guess it's due to the amount of heat and it warps, but I wouldn't have thought cause the gasses flow the opposite way which would keep the collector together? Lol

gas flow has nothing to do with it and wont be strong enough to hold it together

its caused from the heat and the inside of the collector not being welded together

because its not welded together from the inside it allows it to split apart from the inside

the only way i can see about fixing this problem is using a micro tig torch to weld the inside of the collector then grinding it down to a point again

the grain structure of the metal will all be tied into each other which means it wont be able to split apart

example of how small a micro tig torch is and where u can fit it

microtig.jpg

Sign in to follow this