Sign in to follow this  
steelseries

Tennis Lessons

Hey guys, im currently doing a program and 1 of the requirements is to make tennis lessons

was wondering if anyone here knows any lessons that involve in serving, returning, groundstrokes??

thanks

wat do u mean tennis lesson? are you trying to teach someone proper technique or just practice drills?

what i mean is that, i am to create a lesson plan which has 5 progressions and it has to be different kind of drills that builds up,

3 or 4 forehands & backhands each side whilst running from side to side. Run in for a drop shot, then 3 or 4 volleys on each side. Then a few smashes. That is what I was taught when learning many years ago, and that is the general progression that my daughter goes through with her coach. There are obviously variations to this but at least it's a start.

Lesson 1 groundstrokes: make sure they use the right grip for forehand and backhand, correct footwork/stance, knee bend/weight transfer and then follow through.

Lesson 2 Serves, volley/smash: use correct grip, fluid service motion with ball toss at correct height and jumping up into the serve. volleys need crisp but at the same time soft hands. use the pace from the ball coming at you and keep the swing very short and crisp but dont try and muscle it.

Lesson 3 Consistency: groundstrokes going cross court but make sure you have good footwork and recover back to the centre of the court. play points of first to 10 but any rally less than 4 shots doesnt count as its all about hitting a lot of balls and being consistent. Do cross court drill twice each side but alternate after each 10point match. if you still have time then another drill is 2shots each cross court then the 5th shot goes up the line then continue another 4 cross court. play first to 10.

Lesson 4 Coming to the net during points: Play "approach and pass". basically 1 guy is the baseliner trying to hit passing shots and the other comes to the net. baseliner starts the point by giving other guy a short ball to hit an approach shot down the line. baseliner always starts on the other side of the court to make sure he has to run to the ball. hit the passing shot any direction. play to 10 and then swap positions. Another drill is called "ghost doubles" where u pretend ur playing doubles against eachother and 1 guy serves and comes in for the volley. returner hits the ball cross court and the point basically stays a cross court doubles point. If ur good enough u can play full court singles with this drill.

Lesson 5 Hitting the right shots: With chalk mark out a line from side to side on the court between the service line and base line. the aim is to hit in the back half closer to the base line. Put an X at each corner of the base line and in the corners of the service boxes. just rally with eachother and make sure u hit the ball deep. If u get to hit a ball from the centre of the court then aim for either X at the base line corners. If u get stretched wide but still have time to get a clean shot aim for the X at either service box.

This all depends on how good the players are so if they are newbs then the last 2 lessons might be too advanced for them.

Back when i was a teenager i used to play tennis at a national level and traveled interstate 4 times a year so if u have any other questions just hit me up.