Sign in to follow this  
-fill-

Pacquiao VS Mayweather

Question all you boxing fanatics will wonder; will this fight ever happen?

The hype has been circulating this fight for a few years now and too many controversies have risen from this but who do you think ill take the crown, who is the better fighter, who will you put your money on?

For me I would have to say Pacman will have a very tough fight on his hands but will come with the goods. His record is slightly more impressive than that of Mayweather

What's your thoughts?

Pacman has it in the bag.. You can tell he wants it, Floyd just wants to cling to what he believes is his legacy (the best of his time) by not fighting anyone competitive.

I've heard rumours of a 50mil fight - winner takes all (not including sponsorship money etc)

I too heard a 50+ mill fight. Floyd I think is actually scared because his rep is on the line. Manny has nothing to prove with his 7 weight div belts. Floyd has his unbeaten career on the line

Manny's keen as mustard. Floyd's scared & prolonging the inevitable. Hopefully it happens when they're both still in their prime.

8 weight divisions -fill-

manny's got to get his brawling instincts back. the fight against JMM was very frustrating to watch because he just wouldnt let his hands go. i guess he was too worried about the counter punch and always having his foot stompped on didnt help. he tried to box instead of fight which was marquez's gameplan. it will be an awesome fight but floyd is a very slippery boxer. hes in and out quickly and i dont think hes ever gone down or even been cut. I would love to see pacman floor him and shut him and his crack smoking uncle up but i reckon manny needs a fight before that to shake off the bad performance he just had.

Edited by Marko

Pacman all the way.. I agree he needs to get into his previous state before all the politics etc. But one thing we all know is, he wants this fight more than anyone. I think his bad performance may have increased his chances in fighting mayweather, now mayweather might think he has a stronger chance beating manny. I have always thought mayweather is just waiting for manny to be at his lowest before fighting him. Either way, mayweather is still a sting opponent. We just need the pacman that retired fighters back.

manny is special because of his athletic ability

floyd is special because of his skill

the longer this is prolonged, the better it is for floyd. Skill ages well, athletic ability does not. The fight will happen eventually, too much money not to. Question is - is it too late for Manny? In many peoples opinions, he lost to Marquez, even if the judges didn't score it that way. Either way - Manny didn't look good, and Marquez is a gifted counter puncher just like Floyd. Only difference is Floyd is better, especially defensively. Floyd made Marquez look like a novice when they fought. True - Styles make fights and Marquez has manny's number, he's the only guy that's given him real trouble - and of course by fight number 3, he had him sussed. If Manny brings the hyperactive volume puncher who strikes from odd angles version of pacman, he's in with a good chance. If he tries to box with Money - he's f**ked.

I have floyd winning it - although i'd be cheering for Manny.

Edited by headlock

still dont think the fight will happen this year even though floyd had his jail sentence delayed until june. Top Rank wants manny's next fight to be in an outdoor arena that can hold 40,000ppl but that wont be scheduled until late may which might be another reason for mayweather not to sign the dotted line.

I agree that floyd has an unreal skillset and his counter punching is above the rest (awesome straight right) but as hes gone up in weight classes he hasnt been as impressive as he was at the lighter weights. he wins by being a true boxer and slowing the pace of the fight down to 30-40 punches/round. For manny to win he needs to bully him and keep the pace at his usual 60-70 punches/round.

Manny's next potential oppenents are marquez, cotto, bradley and peterson. I think the only good choice is to fight cotto. although cotto has been fighting well at 154lbs and won 3 straight by KO there will probably be a catchweight, i heard they're aiming for 150lbs

i've also heard Cotto's name being bandied about a fair bit as one of the more likely candidates for May / June. I like Cotto, he shone against Marg, but i doubt Pac will have a problem with him unless he takes him for granted. All the politics / movie / singing / tv shit is spreading him thin. I can see that hurting him one of these days.

Top Rank just signed the contract for Pacquiao vs Bradley on June 9. Fighting for pac mans welterweight belt at 147lbs. i've only seen bradleys last fight and he dominated. dont know how he'll go when he's under the spotlights in such a big fight. physically he'll be bigger and probably just as quick but i dont know if he can handle the pace of 12rounds that manny brings.

So this squashes the dream fight happening this year. floyd will have his fight on june 3 i think and then go to prison for 5months. wont see him back in the ring till at least june/july 2013. this fight will more than likely never happen. manny is coming to the end of his career and maybe next year will be his last.

rumour has it Manny is planning to retire in 2013, if that is true then i think we can kiss Floyd / Pac goodbye.

TBH i'm still interested in Cotto v Floyd and Pac v Bradley. Floyd will outbox Cotto to a UD imo. Bradley will be a harder test, but i reckon Pac takes it. Bradley likes to come forward and apply pressure. That suits Manny just fine, his volume, power and angles will be too much. If Bradley comes forward on him - i'm going with Pac by mid fight stoppage.

Edited by headlock

yeh they think he might retire after the bradley fight. sad to hear but theres no one left to fight if mayweather wont play the game. a little while back they were saying he could drop back down to light weight which would give him a good run. He's just signed up to be a bible ambassador so that on top of his political aspirations and business ventures, retirement would come sooner rather than later.

haha another thing! he is crazy.

singer, actor, congressman, boxer, and now bible ambassador - whatever that entails

got to give it to him, he's driven.

just watched an interview on sports illustrated and manny said floyd called him a month ago. for the last 2.5 years the deal was going to be 50:50 but they couldnt negotiate the blood testing side of things. this time manny said he'll do watever blood test is needed but still wants 50:50. floyd turns around and says "i'll give you 30:70 with no cut of the PPV takings."

seems to me floyd is ducking again.

Manny goes into elections next May and will win his electorate which will require a full time role. he wants to fight floyd as his last fight but 30:70 is an insult

yeah there were a lot of arguments over that on the various forums. What a joke - i'll give you 40mil and no PPV at all - like Pac would ever take that deal.