Sign in to follow this  
_PLEZA

Wakeboarders/Waterskiiers

Just wondering if there's any on here? If so where abouts do you go? Any pics of ur boat or of you in action? I'm headin up to Lake Mulwala this long weekend. I own a skicraft senator. Will have some pics up soon

I wakeboard, go to Eildon, got a Mastercraft X-Star. Going up this weekend for a couple of days but the water is going to be freezing and I'm a nancy boy and hate the cold water, need to get myself a steamer. A couple of mates and I put around 30-40 hours on our boat this season which is a fair effort.

I'm starting to get pissed off with wakeboarding though, only been getting stuck into doing it for 2 seasons or so, I used to board before then but never tried new shit. At the moment it feels like I can't progress and I'm stuck doing the same shit, doesn't help that the X-Star wake is super fckn wide and you gotta keep it pinned the whole time you're riding, can't really relax and try new shit especially since you gotta go at 24+ miles an hour to get a clearable wake.

I've been water skiing and kneeboarding since i was 10, so about 13 years now. I got a shack at swan reach SA. Got an old mios spider and a yamaha wave runner 1200! Heading down this weekend aswell and yeah the water will be cold

kneeboard flips? Seen some crazy kneeboarders in the past.

I've been 'boating' for about 9 years. Had a Camero Strata with a pretty worked 350 in it before the Mastercraft, would beat quite a few boats out on the lake. Now all the boat beating duties are delegated to the jetski!

Edited by KurtHS

I wakeboard, go to Eildon, got a Mastercraft X-Star. Going up this weekend for a couple of days but the water is going to be freezing and I'm a nancy boy and hate the cold water, need to get myself a steamer. A couple of mates and I put around 30-40 hours on our boat this season which is a fair effort.

I'm starting to get pissed off with wakeboarding though, only been getting stuck into doing it for 2 seasons or so, I used to board before then but never tried new shit. At the moment it feels like I can't progress and I'm stuck doing the same shit, doesn't help that the X-Star wake is super fckn wide and you gotta keep it pinned the whole time you're riding, can't really relax and try new shit especially since you gotta go at 24+ miles an hour to get a clearable wake.

Haha I'm the same, hate the cold water. I'm having the same issue with only being able to do the same things. I can 360 and shit but tried a roll once and pulled my neck out... couldn't do anything for the rest on the time I was up there. So my confidence dropped a heap.

I haven't landed either but all my mates tell me that tantrums are far easier than 3's.

Yeah I've heard the same. Just felt more safer with the 360 lol

Used to ski a fair bit many years ago. I used to own a Flightcraft 19' ex-race boat with a worked 400 Chev Small Block. Not really the best for skiing, but fun nevertheless. Here is a pic of it when there was water in the King of the West lake in Kalgoorlie WA (circa 1987 :)):

Kow.jpg

Grouse pic man :) 400 small block. Woulda went good, I got a 5.7L pcm in mine

hey guys, pretty new to wakeboarding/wakeskating. started about 2 months ago. down here in goolwa SA. go winching a littlebit to. my dads friend lives on on a farm on hindmarsh island with some water front. we have a couple of sliders and ramps. and got a few little dams and creeks we winch in.

wake skating is fun but so hard to get good pop on i can ollie it and shit but i dunno how dudes can do 360flips and kickflips so easily haha.

been waterskiing since I was 6 years old... started off doubles and kneeboarding and then started single skiing. was going to try bare footing but the river we were on had too much debris in it to try safely. dad used to own a 19 foot skicraft with a 350 chevy big block in it... man I miss that thing. he ended up selling it, coz despite how much we cleaned it and looked after it (full wash/engine flush/everything after every ski) the brackish water we were in (tweed river) destroyed 2 water pumps, rusted through the exhaust and led to a rebuild in the end.

still stinging to find someone in QLD who ski's regularly, because I miss it so much. haven't been out in 2 years now. i laugh though at the people who laugh at me for still single skiing as opposed to wake boarding - they clearly have no idea on the amount of fun you can have ;)

been knee-boarding and skiing since i was about 10 started behind dads fishing boat - a 24ft sundowner with a 250 crossflow.. a year or so later we bought a mid/late 90's 21ft Camero Strada with a rear mounted 454 big block and a skytower - that's when we started getting into wakeboarding a bit more. we had that for about 8 years since then the boat has been sold for about 5 years now. but a group of us (approx 10) regularly head up to Morgan on the River in SA and one of the guys has a Lewis Outback and the other a Series 2 Camero Legend.. which keeps us busy enough.

most of us have found that we are going back to single ski rather then wakeboarding. as _Clinno_ above i find that it is very easy to hit a a plateau with regards to progress on the wakeboard where it is very hard to push past unless you are doing it every weekend, and you can have alot more fun single skiing or early morning barefooting.

some random photos below i had lying around - got some decent hi-res stuff but cant be bothered resizing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Just come back from yarrawonga. Looking forward to another season :) got myself a new slalom ski also, can't wait to test it out.