UFC Welterweight Championship

Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy - GSP by decision

Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship

Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin - Carwin by TKO

Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves

Jake Ellenberger vs. Ben Saunders - Saunders by trianle choke

Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek - Bocek by TKO

Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown - Almeida by 2nd Rnd TKO

Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham - Markham by TKO (Diaz is moving up a weight category, doubt he's used to the hitting power)

Rodney Wallace vs. Jared Hamman

Rousimar Palhares vs. Tomasz Drwal

Kurt Pellegrino vs. Fabricio Camoes

Matt Riddle vs. Greg Soto

Yeah really looking forward to having a few beers and a relaxing Sunday arvo watching this AND the F1 in Melb.....ahahah

Sure is quite the fight card!!

GSP by TKO rnd 2 brutal ground and pound

MIR by TKO rnd 1

FITCH by decision

SAUNDERS by submission

BOCEK by decision

ALMEIDA by submission

DIAZ by submission

Fitch v Alves has been cancelled for this event - Thiago Alves failed a CAT scan. Apparently Ben Saunders is going to step up to fight Fitch.

Saunders is a good fighter, very composed on the ground and somewhat of an unorthodox striker with a huge reach but I think Fitch will end him pretty quick. Fitch is number 2 or 3 in his weight class, Saunders is about 9th.

Sweet, I got the 2 big fights correct. GSP is a league above the rest of his weight division & Shane Carwin is a BEAST!!

Sweet, I got the 2 big fights correct. GSP is a league above the rest of his weight division & Shane Carwin is a BEAST!!

Id be more impressed if he actually finished a fight for once

cant wait to see carwin vs lesnar, really hoping carwin can pull it off

Id be more impressed if he actually finished a fight for once

cant wait to see carwin vs lesnar, really hoping carwin can pull it off

The armbar & kimura would've finished damn near anybody, I was amazed Hardy didn't tap. He's going to be sore tomorrow.

GSP is a smart and calculating fighter, didn't take any unnecessaary risks and DOMINATED Hardy the entire fight. Similar to what Fitch did with Saunders althought I must admit I got more entertainment watching my 12mth old Staffy and a mate's 2mth old bulldog wrestle at the same time these fights were on.

yeah fitch fight was boring as hell he won by man blanket at least GSP was trying for subs but carwin definately is an animal 11-0 all KO's in 1st rnd not many people have record like that

Hardy impressed, but GSP's takedowns where timed perfectly. That is why he is the WW champ.

I was cut when Mir was KO, Carwin is a tank, can't wait for Carwin Vs Lesnar.

people need to practice there sprawls more and stop GSP from taking them down, hes quick with the take downs

Carwin v Lesnar is going to be huge!

The heavyweight division is so stacked with talent at the moment. I'm also hoping to see Velasquez v Dos Santos for the #1 contender to fight the winner of Lesnar v Carwin.

word is that dana doesnt want jds and veasquez fighting each other and that cain will get a shot against the winner of lesnar vs carwin

i dont think its really possible to stop GSP from getting the takedowns, i think you might as well just accept the fact and make a game plan for the ground

UFC Fight Night 21 - 9pm Fuel TV

seems all these PRIDE fighters have a bit of trouble when they first come to UFC, GOMI was pretty good a few years ago seems to have lost his aggression like wanderlai. BIG COUNTRY seems to be pretty good

dont think he has lost in his fights from start of The ultimate fighter. Heavyweight division seems to be stacked now was the worst all of a year ago.

seems all these PRIDE fighters have a bit of trouble when they first come to UFC, GOMI was pretty good a few years ago seems to have lost his aggression like wanderlai. BIG COUNTRY seems to be pretty good

dont think he has lost in his fights from start of The ultimate fighter. Heavyweight division seems to be stacked now was the worst all of a year ago.

Big Country has more skill than a lot of people give him credit for. He might look like a fat redneck but he's got surprising athleticism, well rounded skills, knock out power and a lot of experience. If he dropped weight down to 205lbs and fought at light heavyweight he'd a handful for anybody.

Gomi looked as though he simply couldn't gather any momentum, it was a pretty boring fight to watch. The highlights of KenFlo beating Clay Guida looked good though, I'll have to try find that fight somewhere.

UFC 112

My predictions in red

Main Card

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia

Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn vs. Frankie Edgar

Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie

Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Rafael dos Anjos

Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz

Preliminary Card

Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Phil Davis

Lightweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. John Gunderson

Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Rick Story

Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Brad Blackburn

Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Matt Veach

Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Mostapha Al-turk

Anderson silva(ko of the night)

B.J. Penn (dont think no-one will beat him in LW)

Matt Hughes

Terry Etim(sub of the night)

Mark Munoz

Phil Davis

Paul Taylor(fight of the night)

Nick Osipczak

Damarques Johnson

Paul Kelly

Jon Madsen

Did you guys watch Ultimate Fighter 11? Some brutal knockouts - going to be a great season.

Yep absolutely agree. Besides the first fight the rest were average to poor.

Edgar was busier than Penn but didn't really do anything special to win the fight. On saying that whilst Penn did counter alot he looked tired and didn't do enough to earn the win. Did either fighter deserve to win???

Silva - what a letdown. Started with promise but just downhill from there. Too much clowning and not enough fighting.

i missed the ppv was way to hungover sunday by the sounds of the fights i didnt miss much, cant beleive Edgar won nice work A31Cefiro for picking that one

i missed the ppv was way to hungover sunday by the sounds of the fights i didnt miss much, cant beleive Edgar won nice work A31Cefiro for picking that one

I picked it mainly because I really dislike Penn :) although (a lesser) part of the reasoning was that Edgar is a very good figther who constantly presses the action and BJ hasn't been tested recently at a frantic pace that I could remember.

I haven't seen any of the fights (didn't get this one on Fox) but a few mates are in a stink over Silva's behaviour. Third time in 4 fights he's carried on like a twat.

There's all sorts of talk that Silva's unhappy with 'undeserving' people getting a shot at his title and wanted to drop to 170 to fight GSP, but as a result of his recent showings may have lost that chance as Dana White is fuming. Silva should move up to 205 if he thinks there is nobody good enough at 185 for him, there's a wealth of talent in that field. He's said he refuses to fight other Brazilians, so give him a looooong list of talent first - Bader, Jardine, Rashad, Jon Jones, etc.

yeah im not a big BJ fan either but thought he would of out boxed edgar , as for Silva when i watched the post fight press conference Dana was pissed didnt even stay till end of the fight to give him his belt

and said that silva might be the first champ to fight in a pre-lim fight cause he says no one wants to watch Anderson after his latest effort. NSAC even were seeing if they could take away his license for not

fighting(unsportsmanlike behavior). I agree that he should go to LHW no one left unless vitor comes back from injury and as much as i would like to see him fight GSP i think hes to big to fight at 170 and

GSP is to small for 185 even if he can put the weight on Silva's got to much reach for him

ahhhhhh finally i can come in and join this thread! ive been itching but had to wait until i caught up and watched 111 and 112 cos there is spoilers obviously!

112 was such a letdown. Edgar? Cmon.

yes it was a letdown, the best fight was probably kendall grove and davis.

Yep absolutely agree. Besides the first fight the rest were average to poor. Edgar was busier than Penn but didn't really do anything special to win the fight. On saying that whilst Penn did counter alot he looked tired and didn't do enough to earn the win. Did either fighter deserve to win??? Silva - what a letdown. Started with promise but just downhill from there. Too much clowning and not enough fighting.

Yeah i totally agree its hard to say either deserve it. but i have to think that the challenger has to show they clearly deserve the title and cclearly show they won, as opposed to BJ who has it already. To take it is more of the importance than keeping it, if that makes sense.

I picked it mainly because I really dislike Penn :) although (a lesser) part of the reasoning was that Edgar is a very good figther who constantly presses the action and BJ hasn't been tested recently at a frantic pace that I could remember. I haven't seen any of the fights (didn't get this one on Fox) but a few mates are in a stink over Silva's behaviour. Third time in 4 fights he's carried on like a twat.There's all sorts of talk that Silva's unhappy with 'undeserving' people getting a shot at his title and wanted to drop to 170 to fight GSP, but as a result of his recent showings may have lost that chance as Dana White is fuming. Silva should move up to 205 if he thinks there is nobody good enough at 185 for him, there's a wealth of talent in that field. He's said he refuses to fight other Brazilians, so give him a looooong list of talent first - Bader, Jardine, Rashad, Jon Jones, etc.

I don't really like Penn much as a character either, and the fight was a bit controlled and calculating, it took to the 10 second clap of the 5th before they really went inside on each other and looked like edgear was going for his back.

As for Silva, it was a disgrace, if you show boat fine, it always makes me LOL, but he hasn't backed it up with anything decisive to show he is worthy of the showboating lately. Most people have lost alot of respect for him. If these contenders aren;t deserving, he has to show that in the ring by being decisive in FINISHING, not just show boating and trying to humiliate while not sustaining any damage.

yeah im not a big BJ fan either but thought he would of out boxed edgar , as for Silva when i watched the post fight press conference Dana was pissed didnt even stay till end of the fight to give him his beltand said that silva might be the first champ to fight in a pre-lim fight cause he says no one wants to watch Anderson after his latest effort. NSAC even were seeing if they could take away his license for not fighting(unsportsmanlike behavior). I agree that he should go to LHW no one left unless vitor comes back from injury and as much as i would like to see him fight GSP i think hes to big to fight at 170 and GSP is to small for 185 even if he can put the weight on Silva's got to much reach for him

yeah i was interested to hear Joe Rogan say taht Dana was heading over to Silva's corner and looked angry! haha. BTW Dana is living the good life, he is looking a bit fat, or is he covering up beefcake?

Silva certainly has a massive reach advantage, but the drawback is silva has a higher centre of gravity for quick power takedown attempts by GSP but then again, spider has a wide sprawl and wide base if he spouts out on the fence. would be interesting, but the cut is a fair bit for silva.

and my hat off goes to Mia, he seems like a nice humble guy whenever he fights and is interviewed, and gave it his all out against silva. Also, i think that if silva is so 'respectful' with his bows and stuff, it is contradicted in what he was doing out there.

UFC 113

* Light Heavy Championship bout: Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua

* Welterweight bout:Josh Koscheck vsPaul Daley

* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs Jeremy Stephens

* Heavyweight bout: Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione

* Middleweight bout: Patrick Côté vs Alan Belcher

get your tips in!

SHOGUN

DALEY(by ko hopefully hate koscheck)

STOUT

SLICE

COTE

Anybody going to watch WEC this weekend good fight between URIJAH FABER v JOSE ALDO going for ALDO he has looked very impressive last couple of fights

Edited by koukicam

* Light Heavy Championship bout: Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua

* Welterweight bout:Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley

* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs Jeremy Stephens

* Heavyweight bout: Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione

* Middleweight bout: Patrick Côté vs Alan Belcher