turbo = $2100

manifold + coating (silver) = $1300

2 x 38mm Tial gates + screamer pipes =$860

4 inch intake + filter =$300

cooler pipe (from turbo to cooler) =$220

Oil+water+oil drain =$280

dump pipe =$385

TOTAL =$5445

DSCN0324.jpg DSCN0327.jpg Sr20twinscroll01.jpg Sr20twinscroll02.jpg DSCN0135.jpgDSCN0138.jpgDSCN0144.jpgDSCN0146.jpgDSCN0153.jpgDSCN0154.jpgDSCN0159.jpg

hey guys,

just wanting to know some more information on this kit?

are you able to do a manifold that is setup to run a single waste gate rather than the twins? would there be any advantage to running two? (just trying lower the cost of set up).

also , your dump pipe? does it have the set up to exhaust the waste back into? or am i required to have this modified myself?

what material is your intercooler pipe made from? im assuming it to fit the average front mount cooler?

cheers

are you able to do a manifold that is setup to run a single waste gate rather than the twins? would there be any advantage to running two? (just trying lower the cost of set up).

we can make it to suit a single gate thats not a problem

the whole kit is custom made so we can make it to suit ur needs

also , your dump pipe? does it have the set up to exhaust the waste back into? or am i required to have this modified myself?

dump pipe is not made to have the screamer pipe connected to it

if u would like that done u will need to get it done urself

what material is your intercooler pipe made from? im assuming it to fit the average front mount cooler?

aluminum

u might need some slight fabrication work done on ur existing piping to line them both up together

is there any difference in response or power output from running a twin wastegate set-up as compared to a single gate set up (with dyno sheets)?

obviously better boost control in big power/big boost situations. but i wouldnt have thought that a twin wastegate set-up would be needed on turbos such as the 'smallish' 3071/76r turbos

just something ive been wondering since i heard about the kits coming out :)

cheers

brendan

I'm also interested in the single vs twin waste gate info. im interested in the 3071 (not wanting to run much over 18-20psi) as im running standard internals (will buy a head gasket) im currently running hks evc6 boost controller.

your dump pipe? bolt straight up my moonface front pipe??

i've currently got the money sitting there to buy a new turbo set up, but now i've started looking into twin scrolls, rather than just buying a bolt on turbo. i might use the tax back cash, to get me up to the next level.

Thank you very much, for your always, straight to the point no non-sense answers.

cheers again.

When you join both split chambers into one for one gate your defeating the purpose of twin scroll to an extent. You are now join ing both chambers which should otherwise should be completely seperate. That's my understanding.

It's not that bad, but yea you do get a bit of the firing order pulses mixed up but for your general street weapon u won't notice that much I wouldn't think

obviously better boost control in big power/big boost situations. but i wouldnt have thought that a twin wastegate set-up would be needed on turbos such as the 'smallish' 3071/76r turbos

twin gates is not needed on these sized turbo's if u were using a normal open exhaust housing but because this is a twin scroll ur exhaust gas's need to stay split apart

modp-0906-03-o-twin-scroll-diagram.jpg

if its just a street car u could get away with running one single gate and if ur going to use a single gate i would recommend a TiAL 44mm gate

u might need some slight modification work to ur existing exhaust so they line up together

i cant make a dump pipe to suit every single front pipe out there on the market because there is just way to many out there so i make them to suit all of them as best i can and u guys might need to do some slight modification to them

results from the GT3076 .78 twin scroll kit can be found here

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=443717

twin gates is not needed on these sized turbo's if u were using a normal open exhaust housing but because this is a twin scroll ur exhaust gas's need to stay split apart

modp-0906-03-o-twin-scroll-diagram.jpg

if its just a street car u could get away with running one single gate and if ur going to use a single gate i would recommend a TiAL 44mm gate

u might need some slight modification work to ur existing exhaust so they line up together

i cant make a dump pipe to suit every single front pipe out there on the market because there is just way to many out there so i make them to suit all of them as best i can and u guys might need to do some slight modification to them

results from the GT3076 .78 twin scroll kit can be found here

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=443717

ok cool beans.

i just remember seeing twin scroll (aka split pulse) exhaust housings on turbos back in the day and they were only ever running one wastegate. so the manifold collector would be 2 cylinders into 1, instead of 4 into 1. cylinder scavenging would suffer a little because of this, but i guess cause you've got a large turbo on the side of the engine it would be 'pulling' alot of the gasses out anyways.

i have seen the wastegate plumbed into the exhaust housing instead of the exhaust manifold collector, why have you chosen a twin waste gate design over that particular design?

sorry for all the questions, im just curious :)

oh and do you have back to back runs on a dyno printout showing the difference in response between a single wastegate set-up and a twin scroll / twin wastegate set-up?

cheers

brendan

ps. i just had another look at the diagram.... i thought the the twin scroll design was only the housing, but it looks like there are 2 seperate wheels. is this correct?

ps. i just had another look at the diagram.... i thought the the twin scroll design was only the housing, but it looks like there are 2 seperate wheels. is this correct?

there is only one turbine wheel

all our turbo kits are custom made which means we make them to suit our customers needs

they come in twin gate and single gate depending on wat the customer wants

havent got any dyno sheets comparing single gate and twin gate sorry champ

we done a twin scroll evo about 2 months ago which ran a single TiAL 44mm gate

performance wise if its just a street car a single gate will work fine as long as its a decent size

if its a full serious race car where u dont want to cut corners then twin gates would be the better option

comes down to how much u would like to spend

ah k cool, thanks :)

love a helpful workshop!

when i need my nisstune chip tuned ill give you guys a call ;)

have a good weekend

brendan

Is it possible to maintain AC and still run this setup?

Is it possible to maintain AC and still run this setup?

yes

if only you could low mount this set up...

we can

Sign in to follow this