Sign in to follow this  
s14™

SNOW SEASON!

I'm a boarder, I've been Snowboarding for about 2 years so I'm still a novice. I can do all the basic stuff but probably going to give myself one more season of beginners stuff before I attempt jumps, grinds and maybe halfpipes. :P

Just bought my new board for this season, haven't got a pic atm but will get around to posting it up later today when I upload them from my phone. As soon as there is snow up, I'm heading straight to Buller. Got a weekend trip planned for end of July to go Hotham, haven't been to Hotham before but I've heard many good things about it.

So, who else here either skis or snowboards? If so, which are your favorite mountains? And if you can, show us your setup. Pic of what you use and why you chose it.

:)

Been skiing for the past 20 years... Going up to Buller for a few days on the 6th of July... Should be fun. Going to try my hand at boarding one of the days.

Yeah I gonna go skiing a go this season too. Just gonna swap with my mate for a couple of hours and see how hard it is to pick up. I chose to start out snowboarding because I used to skateboard, so thought I'd pick it up pretty quick, which I think I did lol.

I didn't really have a choice... I was 5 when I started and snowboards weren't really big back then. :lol:

I've been to Hotham once, it's not a bad mountain but this was when I was younger so didn't really get the chance to check out all the runs... BawBaw is pretty low key... Hence why I like Buller the best so far.

:yes: but this year im going to trek Kokoda in winter and going somewhere cold in the northern hemisphere over christmas to go hang 10..

my board = forum destroyer.. cuz im in secretly love with chris dufficy.. :P

..drake matrix bindings.. cuz they're the best.. :D

board.jpg

me.. mid b/s 360 @ perisher last year..

hang11.jpg

Edited by gravy

I snowboard, can ski but riding is more fun. Been to Hotham a couple of times, Bulla heaps, worked at Perisher for 2 seasons as a lifty going up to Bulla and Perisher for a week each at some point this season as long as we actually get some snow. :(

IMO Hotham kills every other resort in Australia as far as terrain goes.

Bulla is alright but Havinig a North and South side means one side is covered in Ice and the other in Slush if it hasn't snowed for a while.

Perisher is good because it is just so big you can usually find somewhere decent most of the time even if the terrain isn't that fantastic and there's always the parks as I'm sure gravy will tell you.

This is my new board I just picked up for this season. Got it for a bargain $300!!!

Board: Burton 07/08 Custom

Bindings: Force FSX

16062008262.jpg

16062008264.jpg

I snowboard, can ski but riding is more fun. Been to Hotham a couple of times, Bulla heaps, worked at Perisher for 2 seasons as a lifty going up to Bulla and Perisher for a week each at some point this season as long as we actually get some snow. :(

IMO Hotham kills every other resort in Australia as far as terrain goes.

Bulla is alright but Havinig a North and South side means one side is covered in Ice and the other in Slush if it hasn't snowed for a while.

Perisher is good because it is just so big you can usually find somewhere decent most of the time even if the terrain isn't that fantastic and there's always the parks as I'm sure gravy will tell you.

haha, yeah even if the parks are packed, gimmie a shovel and that mountain anyday in a good season... i could easily spend a whole season at perisher/blue cow jus digging out kickers and hitting them all day and never get bored..

I hit up falls every year.. Heading up again july/august.

I ski, you damn knuckle draggers just get in the way. Try boarding, personally, i just prefer skiing. Gotta hit up canada some time. :)

boarder here, heading up to hotham again this season (was meant to be heading up start of july but), hopefully we get some snowfall soon... currently it looks like this....

SnakeGully2306.jpg

:(

boarder here, heading up to hotham again this season (was meant to be heading up start of july but), hopefully we get some snowfall soon... currently it looks like this....

SnakeGully2306.jpg

:(

Wow, Heavenly Valley looks SICK! :ph34r:

Shaping up to be a pretty shocking season. I've got a few mates who are meant to be working at Perisher this season. One is living up at Smiggens going insane cause there is no one up there and nothing to do. Probably going to turn into The Shinning up there if they don't get some snow soon.

skiing since 6 years old

once a year sometimes twice

boarder since 2 years ago

saving for japan in april...... gonna be schweet :P

saving for board and bindings aswell :)

Not going anywhere this year. :(

Too busy saving for our Canada trip in 2010.

cant wait to go back to the snow went last year for the first time

was f**king sick hahaha

will hopefully be going next season got too much shit to save up for this year :(

im a noob been snowboarding once last year, i spent all of my tax money on my gear before i even went snowboarding!!! lol

but im impulsive

i have an OPTION SANSALONE wide board

sansalone.jpg

board is pretty suave, the bottom goes green and red once it hits the snow, it reacts to the cold... i assume its best used for when you got huge air!!!! and your fying over peoples heads !! but unfortunatly with me people will only see the bottom when i stack it and tumble down the slopes lol

K2 FORUMULA BINDINGS

B0660129.gif

and some white BOOTS

heres now noob i am

got all my gear, pants etc aswell

went to bulla i thought i went pretty good

start doing the falling leaf thing

im natural foot, i could carve going left, but i couldnt carve right etc ept fallig

LITTLE DID I KNOW, U HAFTA GET UR BOARD WAX'd BEFORE U USE IT!!!

lmao all waxed up now redy for the 11th and 12th going to hotham

iv been boardin for 4 years now. got a trip planned first week of august to perisher for a week can fukn wait.

i boought a new board for this year aswell. its ride board with ride bindings ..

im countin down the days

sykeddddd

Skiing since I was a wee tacker, currently riding Dynastar Concepts (twintips) w/Marker bindings and Rossignol Freeride XX boots. Getting a bit old now, might have to update to something wider or faster.

Yeah Hotham for the win as it has the tougest, most technical terrain (Mary's Slide etc). Been there more times than I can remember and IMO it smashes any other Victorian mountain (never been to Perisher etc in NSW). Being a brokeass student I've only skied Aus & NZ (Coronet/Remarkables), but the old boy has skied Canada & Japan as well and rates Japan highly.

Have snowboarded for two days only and it's definitely fun but doesn't float my boat. Landing a 360 off a 2ft kicker doesn't impress me. I wanna to see technical riding; whether it's on a board or skiis really doesn't matter.

That pic of Slalom/Heavenly is awesome, I've never seen it like that. Heavenly Valley quad is the best seat in the house for massive mid-afternoon carnage when the gully gets choppy. If you can get out there early enough I reckon you can hit about 60-70kph with a good run down Imagine or The Canyon and onto the Slalom Gully corduroy.

going for a super-cheap weekend at selwyn ($280 plus petrol you say no to that) but i hope they get some god damn snow soon.

Really want to do queenstown as last yr we did mount hutt, drove to queenstown to party and nearly cried at how good the snow was.

Probably doing Japan/Canada next year though, maybe end of this year? gotta get a board and shit..

God damn I am just bleeding money thinking about the snow.

im a noob been snowboarding once last year, i spent all of my tax money on my gear before i even went snowboarding!!! lol

but im impulsive

i have an OPTION SANSALONE wide board

sansalone.jpg

board is pretty suave, the bottom goes green and red once it hits the snow, it reacts to the cold... i assume its best used for when you got huge air!!!! and your fying over peoples heads !! but unfortunatly with me people will only see the bottom when i stack it and tumble down the slopes lol

K2 FORUMULA BINDINGS

B0660129.gif

and some white BOOTS

heres now noob i am

got all my gear, pants etc aswell

went to bulla i thought i went pretty good

start doing the falling leaf thing

im natural foot, i could carve going left, but i couldnt carve right etc ept fallig

LITTLE DID I KNOW, U HAFTA GET UR BOARD WAX'd BEFORE U USE IT!!!

lmao all waxed up now redy for the 11th and 12th going to hotham

If you bought your board brand new it should have came with a factory wax which should have lasted you a good few days.

boarding 3 years. generaly about a week every year including the day trips.

got a Rome Agent 158 board last yr. its prob a touch to short for me but i love it. it goes fast enough asnd is very good for the terrain parks and jumps, very light and manouverable.

06 Ride team bindings and salomon boots.

the boots i want to change. will change them next season.

got the whole setup for around $800. got everything heaps cheap at end of season sales. saved mroe than 60% of full retail price for stuff. end of season shop is the best.

just got back from a week at thredbo/perisher.

very limited snow cover, only able to hit up merritz at thredbo and front valley at perisher.

blue cow opened yesterday and they started making snow at front too, so if anyone is heading down there should be alrite.

first time ever snowboarding the other week. just jumped on and went lol, no lessons at all.

had it pretty sweet within the first day and manages to have some fun on the boxes, able to grind nicely, and i even managed to conquer 180 grabs both front and backside, manual things and switches on and off the box, but ive been wakeboarding for years, so once you get past the basics, they r pretty similar. being canadian i the snow lives in my blood anyway :P

going to canada at the end of the year for both ski season and a bit of spring/summer so i can ride too. WOO

just got back from perisher last weekend also

had an awsome time on the front valley

warm up for Buller in late july

nitro freestyle board

08 rome arsenal bindings

Pretty ave snow fall this season fail fail

I cannot believe I forgot about these... f**k boarding and skiing, I'm going to get myself a set of these. :D :D

snowjam75.jpg

I just wish I could remember who made the all in one unit with grind plates and such that I saw quite a few years back.

Anyway, don't know how good Buller will be early July... 1cm of snow at the moment... The 10cms reported a few days back was allllll washed away. :(

hotham-snakegully1.jpg

heres wat its looking like atm

this week should see some more cover

Am looking at getn another board

these are on the cards

rome artifact

stepchild trickstick

morrow radium

burton dominant

which ones would you guys get?

My mate just got a Forum Grudge, he has said nothing but good things about it. Another mate just picked up a Gnu Rider's Choice and has also complimented on how well the board handles. I have yet to try out my new Burton Custom, I was actually considering the Burton Dominant but I ended up going with the Custom because I read way too many good reviews on it.

It's great to see us finally get good snowfall down here in Vic!!

hotham-snakegully1.jpg

heres wat its looking like atm

this week should see some more cover

these are on the cards

rome artifact

stepchild trickstick

morrow radium

burton dominant

Buller is getting the same... 12cm of cover and still falling... Hope it's still there this weekend.

I've decided to get a pair of these if I can before the weekend, else I'll plan for next season.

Revel8 BWP 98cm Skiboards.

bwp08fullsize.jpg

these are on the cards

rome artifact

stepchild trickstick

morrow radium

burton dominant

Personally I would never even consider buying anything burton.

You should check out some NeverSummer boards. They can be hard to get in Australia, AFAIK the only place that sells them is Cherri Cherri Pow Pow in Jindabyne, really are an awesome board. All hand made in a small factory in the US.

Judging by the boards you've posted above I'd look at either an Evo or a Revolver depending on your size.

http://www.neversummer.com/snowboards.html

Any particular reason why you dislike Burton? Bad experience with one or just dislike it because it's a major brand and people talk it all up like it's the God brand of snowboarding. Personally, I'm pretty open minded so I'd try most boards but I don't hate Burton just because a lot of noobs talk it up. They do make good boards in general.