Think of building my n/a SR, nothing special just after a bit more power without a massive price tag. Looking at camshafts, preferably drop in. (http://www.rhdjapan.com/jun-high-lift-camshaft-nissan-sr20de-t.html) (https://www.rhdjapan.com/search/?q=Camshaft%20Sr20De)

Slightly bigger injectors and a remapped ECU just to start. If there's anything I'm missing please feel free to add. Main problem on having is identifying exactly which car my Sr came out of. All help is greatly appreciated.

If there is anyone selling a built n/a SR I'm interested, please comment

Coming from an s13 with an sr20de i only recommend poncams, headers and 2.5in cat back exhaust. I did alot of other things like 3in intake, remapped ecu and lightened pulleys which all had little to no effect on performance.

Yeah i wouldn't bother. If you wan't n/a performance throw in a 3sge beams and an aftermarket computer.

Bigger injectors are a waste coz you won't max out the stockies.

Best mod i did to my de was a nitrous kit

been offered to go nitrous and i might do it down the line later on, with some of the cams I looked at it recommends a ecu remap (examples of a few cams in op). Also though about getting sr16ve internals, but pretty sure i need to get them coated with something and it's a bit of mucking around. Anyone know what kind of lift I can get out of stick valves without them kissing the Pistons?

I would suggest increasing the compression ratio to a safe level your tuner can work with, and the fuel you want to use.

This is in conjunction with the cam upgrade.

You will likely need adjustable cam gears to correct the cam timing, once you have the head decked enough to increase the compression ratio to a suitable level.

Once you have done this aftermarket ECU tuning should be feasible. The stock AFM might be a restriction, so I suggest investigating a Z32 AFM or going to a map sensor type ecu.

Stock afm is fine for 200rwkw a n/a sr20 will never make that.

Upping the comp will be costly.

You will soon spend 5k and still be as slow as a stock det

What I mean is the afm not so much maxing out, but the stock design maybe holding back from what could be freed up. I'm sure someone would have done back to back testing.

I had the head shaved on my toyota engine a few weeks ago, was $90 at the machine shop. The only expense would be buying adjustable cam gears so you can get the cams back to the zero position.

Your right, NA is costly for what you get power wise. Would still be fun if done properly in a lightweight track car

S14 SR20DE (have 10:1 comp)

Tomei pro-cams - 270 duraton, 12.5mm lift

Tomei valve springs

ORC 409D clutch/flywheel

S15 6 speed (and 4.3 diff ratio)

No power steering, no aircon

Thermofans

Made 124rwkw

Ran S15 DET loom/CAS/coilpacks/injectors, with powerFC

In a ~1000kg S13, did 1:09's repeatedly at Wakefield.

Aside from cams/springs, motor was untouched. Factory nissan. No rocker arm issues, guys had it to 8800 on the dyno and got scared. Motor did track days 2007-2014ish and in another silvia doing every drift event / nightly skids until it finally ate bearings this year. Gearbox and diff were crucial to get anything out of it, motor was gutless under 4k. Will skid perfectly fine on 15's, if you're running 18x12's don't bother.

Smaller cams will give away less bottom end, but don't gain enough top end. I think the best result I've seen with poncams was 100rwkw. But I don't think there's anything else you can add to this recipe that isn't heading towards diminishing returns.

Edited by Wizard