Sign in to follow this  
davidg2152

180sx sr20 radiators

Ok race car only on a budget.

ASI or cooling pro?

Any reseller info would be appreciated.

DAVE

I got ASI 42mm rad for my s14. Everything seem well made and there was no messing about fit straight in and haven't had any problems with it

I run a Cooling pro with no issues.

Sweet boys thats all I needed to know. I did dig up some old posts but wanted some current info to double check. Appreciate the replies.

:)

The engine lives on

Theyre all made from the same shit

I'm a cooling pro

Yeah mate I am leaning that way just as it is a local contact, simple as that.

^ with any china bing bong radiator, make sure you file down the sensor fittings and the drain fittings... they seem to not be flush and leak.

Other than that, they're fine.. most likely all front the same factory.

ASI/Worley/GPi all look the same.. most of these radiators are great for street, drags, mild track use.

I personally sported a Worley one for years, but I'm starting to see that it's not able to cool as effectively as I wanted to on the track so I've upgraded.

No dramas mate thanks for that. I will have to look at the sensor fitting as my red top has the temp sensor plumped back into the block vs the radiator? Or am I completely off task and not understanding what you mean ( I am suggesting this is more likely!!)

Johnny just means that if there is a sensor port and/or drain port, you must lap the surfaces in order for your sensor/block-off-plug to seal. If they don't have any threaded holes, you're in the clear, but if they do then file and wet-sand them smooth/flat before you install your grubscrews.

My apexi cap is fkn useless.

Pissing fluid out of filler neck.

System bled, neck square, overflow clear, cap fins bent for more bite and no help.

About to try a cpc one....

Jap ones are designed for pretty much OEM radiators.. when you move to like a PWR or others you find the filler is slightly different.

Tridon CB16110 is perfect.

PWR? :P

Slightly off topic, but my mate got a PWR Radiator for his 2J Mk4, and its a work of art... I found the guys there an absolute charm to work with too, buying completely over email. Had an issue with a faulty cap, had the new one within 3 days.

For a radiator that costs $1000 I would hope they would send a replacement cap

Yeah true. What some people dont seem to understand is reputable and very good brands/companies can accidentally sell faulty products/services. What sets the best sellers apart from the rest is the way they deal with the inevitable problems...

Yes my Xc has a PWR which was about 1700 new (dash 20 fittings and spal fan)

Its brilliant but I would hope the backup is there for a quality product.

I put my old boss onto ASI, he was (probably still is) building a cobra. They will custom make a rad for you.. He was happy with the price and I've been pretty happy with my ASI too.

Yeah true. What some people dont seem to understand is reputable and very good brands/companies can accidentally sell faulty products/services. What sets the best sellers apart from the rest is the way they deal with the inevitable problems...

For $1000 bucks you could buy three or four 52mm radiators off eBay, put one in your car and have a few spare radiators to pinch caps from as required.

Definatelty. But when you have a big $$$$ motor you want to be sure it is all gonna be safe....brings blood pressure back down!!

Those eBay ones "work" but compared to a Koyo or PWR etc.. they are worlds apart.

I thought the same too, till I decided to swap mine out for a PWR... car doesn't overheat anymore...

Also PWR recommends you do not use the OEM radiator cap but a STANT one or a Tridon one.

In any event the shroud is in, cooling pro radiator, adding a GKTech fan tomorrow with new pulleys and have fitted the GKTech air dam. Hopefully will be fine now.

13073175_10209646916349207_2015014218_o_zpshh6qmrs8.jpg