Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Speedometer issue - Hardtuned.net

Speedometer issue 

3 replies to this topic

#1 esafae

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

hey guys,
just bought a rex 3 days ago, and whilst driving tonight, i noticed the speedo wasnt working :S
now everything else works fine (odo/trip comp)..
there has been ALOT of rain in my area (adelaide) and iv been driving through a lot of it last few days, also i was giving the engine a wipe down with a friend today, just wiping hoses and stuff with a cloth and some engine degreaser. my model is the my98, and as such there are 3 bonnet vents (one main large one) where water can get through, is it possible that the increased moisture has effected the speedo cable? or that whilst cleaning i may have tapped it/pulled it out slightly ? if this is possible then where is this speedo cable on the ej20?

im really worried guys, iv always wanted a rex and now this happens... is this a major issue? is it common?

thanks

#2 Tsuro

• Car:1999 Subaru MY99 WRX, 1993 Nissan 180SX

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

There isn't a speed cable that runs to the cluster. Should be driven by a speed sensor in the gearbox. Check wires and possibly fuses

#3 joshieboi89

• Car:2001 impreza gx

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

defs check fuses or best bet take it to a subaru mechanic and get them to hook it up to the computer on it and see wats happenin. could also be there gear in the gearbox that could also be gone

#4 Nathaniel Simeoni

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

With the electric drive sometimes its the sensors, or the cog in the gear box, my scan too said speedo sensor, but I had to end up rebuilding box

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!