Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
97 WRX Wagon - Hardtuned.net

97 WRX Wagon 

12 replies to this topic

#1 Raineman

• Car:97 WRX Wagon

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hey all. i am wondering if after market tail lights for a sedan will also fit a wagon? also what is the best blow off valve that you think for a wrx?

#2 B-Dangles

• Car:one with wheels

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

hey mate im not sure bout the lights, but dont get a blowoff valve mate sounds tacky! if you want that sound just get a pod filter it sounds better anyways

#3 C_MY_VIA

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

Pod filters can be tricky on the Boxer too as it can mess with the AFM, from my previous WRX ownage the Apexi filter was the best option pretty sure it was the non oil based one too.

The lights better be STI lights (red and clear) anything else just looks shocking on them.

#4 GX-LIBERTY-GX

• Car:JDM Legacy wagon

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

View PostC_MY_VIA, on 31 January 2010 - 09:41 PM, said:

Pod filters can be tricky on the Boxer too as it can mess with the AFM, from my previous WRX ownage the Apexi filter was the best option pretty sure it was the non oil based one too.

The lights better be STI lights (red and clear) anything else just looks shocking on them.

mate, thats not the case with any suby i have had , pod filter will do nothing but make cool noise and allow you run flutter sounds good. a pod filter will do something when you run an in guard set up.

#5 Tsuro

• Car:1999 Subaru MY99 WRX, 1993 Nissan 180SX

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

View PostGX-LIBERTY-GX, on 21 March 2010 - 04:04 PM, said:

mate, thats not the case with any suby i have had , pod filter will do nothing but make cool noise and allow you run flutter sounds good. a pod filter will do something when you run an in guard set up.

I blew 3 AFM's in a row running pod filter. Had to keep putting the airbox back on because Subaru wouldn't cover it under warranty with a pod filter.

#6 aekOne

• Car:Forester XT

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

View PostTsuro, on 22 March 2010 - 09:29 AM, said:

I blew 3 AFM's in a row running pod filter. Had to keep putting the airbox back on because Subaru wouldn't cover it under warranty with a pod filter.

Oiled filters such as some of the HKS ones will foul up your AFM. Paper or cardboard types like the Apexi ones are fine and won't cause you any problems

#7 S13Dreams

• Car:S14 & R32 gts-t

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:52 AM

View PostaekOne, on 25 March 2010 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostTsuro, on 22 March 2010 - 09:29 AM, said:

Oiled filters such as some of the HKS ones will foul up your AFM. Paper or cardboard types like the Apexi ones are fine and won't cause you any problems

hmmm good info i just bought a wrx, in terms of pod filters is it just any oiled filters that foul up the AFM or is it specific types... any other type you guys like apart from Apexi?

#8 Tsuro

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:32 AM

I was using a supercheap one and then a friends HKS. I want to get one of the blitz SUS which are just metal mesh

#9 S13Dreams

• Car:S14 & R32 gts-t

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

View PostTsuro, on 29 March 2010 - 09:32 AM, said:

I was using a supercheap one and then a friends HKS. I want to get one of the blitz SUS which are just metal mesh

hmmm blitz SUS or apexi?

#10 Tsuro

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

http://www.apexperfo...&products_id=57

Description:The BLITZ 'Sus' Power air filters are made from the same top quality T304 stainless steel as the Nur Spec exhausts. Totally unique to BLITZ, the entire filtration element is made from a fine stainless steel mesh.

This mesh means the filters never wear out, and have substantially less restriction than any other filter. Most aftermarket filters are made from paper or foam elements, and require oiling to maintain their filtration capacity.

This oil gradually disperses into the inlet tracts of an engine, and coats the walls and in particular the air flow sensor, slowly reducing the performance of the vehicle.

#11 DYNOBUSTER

• Car:cefiro

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

k & n filters are oil types

if you have oil on your AFM you might be able to clean it off there are products just for the purpose.... are the standard filters restrictive??

#12 Nathaniel Simeoni

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Agreement don't run a atmo bov on a Wrx, cause a real rich then lean spot during shifting, get a proper good branded cai for them sounds way nicer and too the twat that said Subaru afm meters and temperamentle too pods please don't buy a Subaru again, I'm sick of replacing afm for people, cause they don't use the right pod or just do the air box mod.

#13 James M Harris

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

Regarding the BOV. I performed the intake silencer delete on both of my Subis. You hear the turbo spool and the stock valve hiss. It's not too loud and I've had no adverse affects for over 2 years.

Edited by A31Cefiro, 30 March 2014 - 07:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!