special edition WRX's 

40 replies to this topic

#1 Black Widow

• Car:S13

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if any of you/how many of you own special edition rexes? Like club specs? Does anyone own a WRP10? or 22B?

Thanks guys

Nick

#2 Hi Octane Racing

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

how nice it would be to own a 22B the king of all WRX's so tuff

#3 Black Widow

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

View PostHi Octane Racing, on Feb 29 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

how nice it would be to own a 22B the king of all WRX's so tuff
i'd love one so bad....

View Postudf00ls14a, on Feb 29 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

with the exeption of the 22b all wrx's are shit and assholes drive them and people who cant drive(they think 4wd is the answer)

im sorry im a car racist
and basically yes...learn to drive..get a RWD

#4 Hi Octane Racing

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

as for AWD being the answer it is...depending on what you are doing with the car. Pretty sure the fastest time attack car at Tsukuba is AWD and its about 3-4 seconds faster than the closest RWD. It all depends on what your style is and what you plan to use the car for.

#5 jaeyon

• Car:JDM S15R

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

i used to own an s15, before that an xr6 turbo, and now a 2005 rex. bang for your buck the rex tops the list as a stock car. performance wise, handling, brakes and safety wise it is the best car i have owned.

yes awd is easy to drive, but it doesnt mean its all point and turn. AWD driving is a totally different driving style, the braking points and where u start to get on the gas during a corner is totally different.

you cant use RWD technique to drive a AWD properly. i know because it took me 6 months before i learned how to drive this thing properly.

#6 mattyx1

• Car:180sx

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:41 AM

definately agree with ya jaeyon.

I own a mildly modded Type-x and the mrs drives an 07' rexxy (tuned by STi model) and it is a totally different car to drive.. im still learning how to launch the thing properly without putting too much strain on the gearbox, where my type-x would just give a bit of wheel spin, the rex will grip and make nasty sounds lol.

but yeh the main reason we got the rex is for the safety features (we make regular trips to the snow), 4 doors and we wanted a brand new car.

and to JDM014, GTFO if you have nothing constructive to say.

#7 -Brent-

• Car:R34 4 Door

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

22B on carsales :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&#...icle_id=4889089

#8 MeRlz

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

i reckon that 22B shouldn't be worth that much..

not taken car of..

the engine is all dusty and shit..

shows the owner hardly has interest for it..

i have a 180 and i keep it in prestige condition all the time...

#9 Victory-Spec

• Car:Rx7

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

People who drive 4wd can't drive ?? LOL

Hmmmm I guess, I was wrong about rally drivers being good drivers. -_-

#10 .JD

• Car:not tellin

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

lol, id rather a awd in some situations
+1 on the 22b though, insane cars

#11 Harthorn

• Car:Nissan Micra K12

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

<-- wrp10 owner

#12 philmak

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

I love the wrp10 rims

#13 Tsuro

• Car:1999 Subaru MY99 WRX, 1993 Nissan 180SX

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

View Postudf00ls14a, on Feb 29 2008, 01:10 PM, said:

with the exeption of the 22b all wrx's are shit and assholes drive them and people who cant drive(they think 4wd is the answer)

im sorry im a car racist

I bet you think drift is the greatest thing alive...

Different strokes for different folks. Nobody said anything about AWD being THE answer, but it's AN answer. For all anybody knows, powering only the left wheels might be the answer to better performance.

No offense to anybody, but if you want to generalize about certain cars, anything RWD nissan is for 16 to 20 year olds that can't hold down jobs because they keep losing thier license street drifitng and can't get to work anymore (if they even had a job to begin with) because they're too useless to work out public transport. Often they have a strong belief they're the coolest people out there. They have minimal to no lives because they're too busy under their car (or buried in the engine bay) fixing all the stuff going wrong because they keep hitting gutters. Spend all day posting on NissanSilvia.com about how they did a fully sick 1000000m entry into a 130 degree angled corner in 4th gear at 250km/h. Usually broke as all hell and will constantly low-ball prices on parts because their cheap drift budget (just enough to fill a quarter of a tank to go sliding) doesn't even allow them to buy new tyres let alone proper parts.

Not that I want to offend anybody, but you only have to read majority of nissansilvia to see that's true. I'd know I've been a member for at least 5 years ;)

#14 Tomk

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

View PostTsuro, on Jun 10 2008, 04:05 PM, said:

View Postudf00ls14a, on Feb 29 2008, 01:10 PM, said:

im sorry im a car racist

I bet you think drift is the greatest thing alive...

Different strokes for different folks. Nobody said anything about AWD being THE answer, but it's AN answer. For all anybody knows, powering only the left wheels might be the answer to better performance.

No offense to anybody, but if you want to generalize about certain cars, anything RWD nissan is for 16 to 20 year olds that can't hold down jobs because they keep losing thier license street drifitng and can't get to work anymore (if they even had a job to begin with) because they're too useless to work out public transport. Often they have a strong belief they're the coolest people out there. They have minimal to no lives because they're too busy under their car (or buried in the engine bay) fixing all the stuff going wrong because they keep hitting gutters. Spend all day posting on NissanSilvia.com about how they did a fully sick 1000000m entry into a 130 degree angled corner in 4th gear at 250km/h. Usually broke as all hell and will constantly low-ball prices on parts because their cheap drift budget (just enough to fill a quarter of a tank to go sliding) doesn't even allow them to buy new tyres let alone proper parts.

Not that I want to offend anybody, but you only have to read majority of nissansilvia to see that's true. I'd know I've been a member for at least 5 years ;)

ffft I own a 180-sx and I do none of that! dont generalise man :'(

#15 jaeyon

• Car:JDM S15R

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

View PostMeRlz, on Mar 8 2008, 11:49 AM, said:

i reckon that 22B shouldn't be worth that much..

not taken car of..

the engine is all dusty and shit..

shows the owner hardly has interest for it..

i have a 180 and i keep it in prestige condition all the time...
but theres alot more 180s out there than 22b's

wow just noticed this was posted 5 months ago lol

#16 then12man

• Car:N12 PULSAR

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

club spec evo 2 owner here.
the wrx is the best car ever sold under $50,000 as far as bang for your buck.

#17 Harthorn

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

View Postphilmak, on May 2 2008, 11:52 PM, said:

I love the wrp10 rims

yea man they look very nice, and awesome quality too.. but the stock offset is abit weak, slightly haha

#18 rsfever

• Car:Subaru Legacy GT-B H , Mitsubishi Lancer EVO III

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:52 AM

I'm thinking of a STi V5/6 two door Type R as a personal import in a year's time...what do you reckon boys? A hot buy or a bit of a stalemate?

The other thought is a Forester STi II.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers.

#19 Black Widow

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

I'd love an STI Forester

#20 daniel_.

• Car:s2000

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:17 PM

bahahaha

s13 owners USUALLY fit that guys description.

s15 owners are usually young kids who wanna look like the coolest kid ever and em like grannies.

REXIES (as most losers call em) and i have to admit, the majority of WRX owners are girls trying to be cool, bogan footy fags or nerds who think wrx's are the best cars made.
its basically what commo owners or people with no knowledge of what a good jap car is buy.

evolutions: i have found these cars are only occupied by true performance enthusiast, i rarely see anyone owning these cars that fit the description of the above 3 cars. and lets face it, no one but car enthusiast like evo's. so you cant reallys ay they are trying to be cool, or like the aesthetics. (although i think they are teh esexciest cars next to the rx7 and s15)

im not biast at all, but thats how it is.

too many people trying to look cool out in the world.

ps, 22b ftw.

#21 Monstar_100

• Car:Ducati

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

View PostsLyLinE.32, on Mar 12 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

AND...

Ken Block cant drive for sh*t...

i really like the WRX i just dont want to get one because i think i will break the gear box...

#22 rsfever

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:26 AM

View PostBlack Widow, on Dec 16 2008, 10:34 AM, said:

I'd love an STI Forester

Yeah, some others have said so too. Do you reckon the older model or the newer one? The older forester runs the tried and proven 2 litre whereas the later uses the 2.5 litre...which hasn't had the best reports.

#23 ProDriver

• Car:JDM Nissan Silvia S15

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

View PostMonstar_100, on Dec 17 2008, 06:05 PM, said:

View PostsLyLinE.32, on Mar 12 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

AND...

Ken Block cant drive for sh*t...

i really like the WRX i just dont want to get one because i think i will break the gear box...

Get an STI, there gearbox can handle more power.. standard wrx have shite gearbox's but then again its all about the driver too.

#24 Boof

• Car:DR30 Skyline and 02 WRX

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

Your right that awd ISNT the answer but let me tell you i feel alot better in my head when my pregnant wife and soon to be popping out kid take the WRX out in the rain knowing that its not going to spin up and throw her into the scenery...

Yes i've got a RWD nissan as well and yes its more fun but time and a place for everything!

#25 B-Dangles

• Car:one with wheels

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

"REXIES (as most losers call em) and i have to admit, the majority of WRX owners are girls trying to be cool, bogan footy fags or nerds who think wrx's are the best cars made.
its basically what commo owners or people with no knowledge of what a good jap car is buy."

biggest load of shit ive ever heard, no knowledg of a good jap car?? not all people want to be takumi takanowa like you mate, id like to see what your idea of a "good jap car" is. i bet its a fully sick s13 with coilovers and a bov...... I dunno if you have actually been in one before but a wrx would shit on half the cars you think are a "good jap car". But i guess if it cant drift then yeh its a POS. To be honest i see more posers in r33 skylines than anything else.... but maybe thats just adelaide

and to the guy who keeps his 180sx immaculate....... That is cheap as f**k for a genuine 22b... you obviously have no idea

Edited by Tsuro, 25 January 2009 - 12:30 PM.
Making the post more clear in regards to the quote

#26 k11ds

• Car:08' type R, 08' FD civic

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

i used to drive yellow my02 evo spec no 97
, sold it couple months ago,

Edited by k11ds, 24 January 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#27 rsfever

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

View Postk11ds, on Jan 24 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

i used to drive yellow my02 evo spec no 97
, sold it couple months ago,

I think the yellow mustard and the subaru blue are the best colours for the WRX.

Still thinking to get a Type R...missed a Type R V limited last week. Very nice with carbon bonnet. Ideally though I want to get a completely original low km one.

#28 k11ds

• Car:08' type R, 08' FD civic

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

type R V limited?? which one was it?

#29 rsfever

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

View Postk11ds, on Jan 25 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

type R V limited?? which one was it?

The coupe version....but what it's called in Japan. WRX STi type R. They came in IV, V & VI as best as I know.

#30 Harthorn

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

man, whoever wanted to decide between a v6 ot v5 sti type r or a sti forrester.. GET THE TYPE R!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!